Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is This A Test?...A Quiz?...A Question?...A Poll?


This is a test.

Actually, it's more of a quiz.

Scratch that, it's really a question. Or perhaps a poll. It's for any and all real estate agents that may read this blog from time to time. Here's the set up:

It's the day before Christmas and Santa has agreed to give you any technology tool you want for your business. The cost range is $300 to $3,000. The question, therefore, is:


What single piece of real estate technology would you ask for and why?

All answers to this question will be posted on this blog for others to see and learn from.

I'll start it out with my own wish which would be to receive a new Palm PRE Smartphone...but with VERIZON as the carrier. Right now, Sprint is the only choice, but I have it on good authority that Verizon WILL be carrying it in 2010.


Here's why I like the Palm PRE...

1. The WebOS operating system. It's fast and smooth and allows you to keep multiple applications open at the same time.

2. Easy management of multiple email accounts, collectively or separately.

3. Contact management and scheduling are a breeze and information can be pulled together in one place from multiple sources.

4. Software updates come to you over the air...without having to log into your computer.

5. It has a slide-out tactile QWERTY board (as opposed to simply a digital screen version).

There's more that I like, but I don't want to sound too much like a Palm PRE advertisement.

So what's on your wish list?.....
Here's a link to Time Magazine's Top 10 gadgets.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Good timing Jay, I am ready to update my palm Treo for some time. I too like Verizon. pretty sure there will never be an Iphone on verizon. I was dreaming of a Pre too , but do not want to wait forvever. The Samsung Omnia II looks like a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous...Verizon might surprise you with future service for the iPhone. But in the meantime, for us Treo users, the Pre looks to be even better than the iPhone in many ways. B/T/W...Jon Rubinstein is now the president of Palm, Inc. He was the lead guy at Apple in the design and launch of the iPod. So expect great things in the future from Palm (and watch their stock...it went from $1.25/share last January to above $12/share this fall!) I'm patiently waiting for the notice from Verizon, which I hope will be in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn6:18 PM

    Thanks Jay! I adore my iPhone and would love to see it available w/Verison. Cheers...Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla10:47 AM

    Thanks Jay...This is definitely on my wish list..I'm still using the old Palm ekey. An ancient device that is (miraculously) still working, but ready for a well deserved rest.

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn8:51 PM

    I want a smart phone that comes with a menu of web sites and social media outlets I want to use and automatically connects them all. Select, connect, and done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got it for Christmas trading in my Blackberry when I dumped T-Mobil for Sprint...Just getting up to speed with it, but awesome so far...Timely post...BTW, it was a present from me to me,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news has just been announced for those of you that have been waiting to purchase a Palm Pre. Palm announced yesterday that they have teamed up with Verizon to offer the new and improved Palm Pre Plus. The Plus?...well, there's twice as much memory (16 gigs) as well as an updated design, simplified navigation, a new webOS app that turns your Pre into a mobile hotspot for tethering, video coming in February, open access to outside application developers and more. Most importantly...It's finally VERIZON! Goes on sale January 25.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete